Grab an ice-cold beer and sit back as you watch us transform an old country house and its 1,600 sq ft detached garage into a fabulous chateau & winery.

Have I mentioned that we have no experience in this line of work? We do, however, have a strong can-do attitude and an iPad2 to guide us. 'Nuff said.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Extreme Makeover DIY Inspiration





Lemme just tell you - the kitchen in the Extreme Makeover Home Edition Ohio house is absolutely gorgeous.

As I painted in the new kitchen, I couldn't help but be inspired by the freshly-designed concepts. I decided to put them to use in my own home.

Enter a piece of furniture that's been needing a do-over since I purchased it at a second-hand store about 10 years ago. Lazy? Perhaps...


It's the perfect piece to add some Extreme Makeover DIY inspiration to.




Remove the drawers and the knobs.




I'm a huge proponent of keeping all small pieces together in a container.




The transformation begins with a can of black spray paint.



I wanted something unique and special to top the piece. I had just the thing down in the basement:


I purchased this mirror at a thrift shop umpteen years ago. That's junk mail on the mirror to protect it from the spray paint.




All it needed was a coat of silver spray paint to tie it to the furniture piece.




In order for it to lay flat on top of the furniture piece, I had to remove the hanger.









The mirror is secured with a reusable adhesive.

2 comments:

  1. How smart to use the mirror on top of your chest.
    The makeover is fantastic. And, I agree about keeping the hardware safe!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. They fit prefectly the mirror and the dresser...very smart

    ReplyDelete